Established in 1975 and based in Albany, NYSID is a not-for-profit membership organization with a 40-year mission of creating jobs for New Yorkers with disabilities.
NYSID and its member agencies are a proven procurement solution for government agency customers. NYSID members are the employment resource centers for individuals with diverse abilities. Our member agencies also partner with private sector New York State businesses, including Minority and Woman-Owned Business and veterans’ support programs.
Employment on a NYSID contract transforms lives and communities:
Preferred Source procurement satisfies the obligation to comply with New York State Finance Law Section 162's mandate to purchase approved goods and services provided by New Yorkers with disabilities.
NYSID prices are approved by the New York State Office of General Services.
New York State benefits by having a workforce which includes empowered individuals with disabilities, who bring stability to communities through wages earned and spent where they live.
|Chairperson||Michael Decker||AHRC New York City|
|Vice President||Kevin Crosley||Herkimer ARC|
|Secretary||Carolina Cordero Dyer||The Osborne Association|
|Treasurer||Alan Krafchin||Center for Disability Services|
|President & CEO||Ronald P. Romano||NYSID|
|Past Chair||Francoise Dunefsky||Gateway Community Industries, Inc. [retired]|
Class of 2017
|Stanfort Perry||AHRC Nassau County|
|Donald Siegel, Ph.D.||University at Albany|
Class of 2018
|Susan Delehanty||Citizen Advocates, Inc.|
|William McHugh||Heritage Centers|
|Mark Tebbano||CHA Consulting, Inc.|
Class of 2019
|Mary Jo Thorn||ACHIEVE/Broome Tioga County Chapter NYSARC, Inc.|
|James Moran||Cerebral Palsy Associations of NYS|
|Ronald P. Romano||President & Chief Executive Officer|
|Margie L. Castellana||Controller|
|Eileen J. McCarthy, Esq.||Vice President-Administration|
|Joseph Messina||Vice President-Sales|
|Tim Mott||Vice President-Business Operations|
|Brian Schneider||Vice President-Contract Administration|
|Theresa Hobbs||Vice President- Compliance|
Summary: NYSID is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for data entry of member agency invoices, customer invoice preparation and collection of receivables. Also running daily, weekly or monthly accounting reports. Position is highly detail oriented.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary: Responsibilities include order entry and responding to customer inquiries. Looking for an individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal and organizational skills to develop and maintain customer relationships and satisfaction levels.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
•Process customer orders received via fax, e-mail, mail and phone..
• Handle telephone and written inquiries and complaints on purchase orders and invoices, including order changes, billing problems, proof of delivery, duplicate orders, and order status.
• Enter new purchase orders for non-warehouse products into the accounting system and forward purchase order to appropriate member
• Investigate and resolve customer, member and warehouse problems/complaints.
• Communicate with member agencies and/or warehouse/inventory regarding potential orders (quotes) and items needing special attention.
• Make necessary corrections and adjustments to customer and member agency records
• Account management – monitor sales of individual accounts within an assigned market group.
• Provide website support.
• Manage monthly open order report.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel as required.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
•One - three years exp. in order entry or customer service department.
• High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
• Proficiency with various computer software applications including computerized accounting systems (Great Plains Dynamics preferred), databases, spreadsheets and word processing (preferably Microsoft Office Suite).
Nature of job requires considerable computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse usage, navigating an office and alternatively sitting for long periods of time. Must have visual acuity and hearing ability for communicating with others and gathering and accessing written and computerized information. Ability to access any location where company business is conducted.
Email cover letter, resume to email@example.com EOE.