New staff openings at NYSID are listed here as they become available.
Janitorial and Grounds Maintenance Project Manager
Position Summary: This position is responsible for serving as the technical advisor and primary point of contact on all NYSID janitorial and grounds maintenance service contracts. Responsibilities include performing market research, including market comparables, and technical analysis in the contract administration process for these services.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities and Primary Duties:
- Serve as liaison between NYSID’s customers, Member Agencies and Corporate Partners on janitorial and grounds maintenance contracts.
- Initialize standards of competency for all member agencies and corporate partners engaging in janitorial and grounds maintenance services operationally and administratively.
- Develop proposals for janitorial and grounds maintenance projects.
- Oversee implementation of developed proposals from initial discussions with customers through performance until termination or renewal of the contract. This is done through project plans, staffing plans, operations plans, and risk plans.
- Review contract application packages for completeness (i.e. inclusion of cost analysis, equipment back-up documentation, supply lists, wage breakdowns, paid leave breakdown, overhead breakdown, etc.) and confirm reasonableness of inclusion
- Complete NYS or NYC procurement forms (i.e. Lobby Law 139, MWBE waivers, etc.), as needed.
- Provide NYSID executive management team with regular project status updates on major projects.
- Work with NYSID customers, member agencies and corporate partners to continually monitor all plans and troubleshoot project issues.
- Troubleshoot contract and performance issues and ensure all Scopes of Work are properly executed.
- Establish associated mitigation methods for each project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel as required.
Qualifications: The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of work experience in managing janitorial operations.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of janitorial and grounds maintenance service delivery.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency with various computer applications, databases, spreadsheets and other software packages associated with the janitorial and grounds maintenance industry.
Physical Requirements: The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Nature of job requires keyboard and mouse usage and sitting for long periods of time. May include walking around facilities. Must have visual acuity and hearing ability for communicating with others and gathering and accessing written and computerized information. Ability to travel and access any locations where company business is conducted.
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.