Become a Member Overview
Who is Eligible for NYSID Membership?
NYSID membership is open to charitable, not-for-profit-organizations serving people with significant disabilities, and qualified veterans' workshops, which have been duly certified by the New York State Department of Education. NYSID Members across New York State support an efficient and economical procurement alternative, providing training and employment opportunities to a diverse workforce of people with disabilities while supplying customers with quality goods and services.
NYSID membership and good standing status is contingent upon:
- Approval by the New York State Education Department ACESS-VR
- Execution of a NYSID Membership Agreement
- Completion of an Annual Member Certification
- Submission of most recent audited Financial Statements or tax returns
- Other reporting such as Quarterly Employment Reports, Value Added Labor Exception Plans, and insurance certificates
What are the Benefits of Membership?
NYSID's membership network creates a unified, consistent point of access for the Preferred Source customer - a "storefront" to facilitate orders and broker contracts. We assume responsibility for many of the business functions associated with Preferred Source procurement enabling members to focus on support of people with disabilities. Those functions include:
- Contract administration services
- Management of billing and collections
- Warehouse and distribution services
- Financial services including Guaranteed Payment, Interest-Free Revolving Loan and Matching Grant programs
- Research and development of new and existing Preferred Source service offerings
- Expanding member business prospects by researching potential contracting opportunities, educating current and potential customers on the Preferred Source program, and developing long-term customer relationships
- Cultivating relationships with decision-makers in state and local governments for continued support of Preferred Source procurement
- Advising Members on compliance with Preferred Source requirements to insure contract retention