Tomorrow’s Engineers Making a Difference Today!
NYSID’s CREATE program encourages assistive technology innovation for New Yorkers with disabilities in order to remove barriers from the workplace. Students from five colleges and universities across the state will participate in a day-long symposium that will mark the conclusion of NYSID's CREATE program for the 2021-2022 academic year. The event is open to the public.
When: Monday, April 25, 2022
Where: Empire State Plaza, Meeting Room 6
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Nine projects representing these collaborations will be on display and evaluated by a panel of business industry judges:
• City College of New York/Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc
• Manhattan College/Constructive Partnerships Unlimited, a division of Cerebral Palsy Associations of New York State
• New York Institute of Technology/AHRC Nassau
• SUNY Albany/Center for Disability Services
• SUNY Polytechnic Institute/Arc Oneida-Lewis
Eric Ledet, Center for Disability Services; John Robinson, Our Ability; Stacey Hengsterman, Special Olympics New York; Maggie Duffy, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield; Mark Eagan, Capital Region Chamber; Elaina Heagerty, St. Peter’s Health; Heather Briccetti, Business Council of New York; Bradley Jacobs, Spectrum Designs; and Andy Grosso, CREATE Founder