Training & Information Program (TIP)
Mental Health and Wellness 101
Date: Thursday, 01/28/2021
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Location: Webinar, , Statewide, NY
Event Status: OpenRegister Now ›
Director of Outreach & Business Engagement
Joelle Monaco is the Director of Outreach & Business Engagement for the Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS). Joelle oversees MHANYS Workforce Development & Outreach Program within the Capital Region and across the MHA Affiliate Network. This statewide initiative is designed to improve the employment opportunities for individuals living with mental health challenges. This is achieved by creating dialogue and educational opportunities for employers about the importance of understanding mental health in the workplace and as part of workforce development.
Who Should Attend:
All staff levels
Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc. (MHANYS) Mental Health and Wellness 101 helps participants understand mental health in a holistic context and utilize basic mental health knowledge for self-care and to help others.
Through this training, participants will:
- Develop an understanding of mental health as a continuum and an integral part of overall health.
- Understand the prevalence of mental health problems.
- Recognize signs and symptoms, as well as risk and protective factors.
- Understand treatment and support options, as well as the recovery process.
- Increase basic knowledge of mental health to help reduce stigma in the workplace.
This interactive webinar will provide practical knowledge and resources that can be utilized both in the community and in the workplace.