Training & Information Program (TIP)
Speak Like a Pro
Date: Tuesday, 06/11/2019
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Region: Capital District
Location: NYSID Headquarters, 11 Columbia Circle Drive, Albany, NY 12203
Event Status: Registration Closed
Kat Koppett, founder of Koppett, designed and delivered programs for such diverse clients as Apple, Chanel, Prezi, Kaiser-Permanente, GE, St. Peters Hospital, JPMorgan Chase, Eli Lilly, Facebook, and The Farm Bureau in places such as India, Brazil, Paris, Budapest and Oklahoma. Her areas of special interest include executive coaching, leadership, presentation and communication skills development, creativity and innovation facilitation, teamwork and conflict resolution. An adjunct professor at RPI’s Lally School of Business, Kat has presented at Stanford, UC Berkeley as well as ASTD, ISPI, NSA, the YPA, NASAGA, AIN and many other organizations with initials.
Kat holds a B.F.A. in Drama from New York University and an M.A. in Organizational Psychology from Columbia University, and continually seeks to combine the wisdom and strengths of both disciplines to create programs that are both practical and transformative.
Who Should Attend:
All staff levels. Anyone interested in improving their public speaking skills.
The ability to influence others when stakes are high can have huge impact on a career, a team, and an organization. In Koppett’s presentation, participants develop skills and mindsets so that when the big moment arrives, their performance will match the moment.
This full day workshop is presented by two key-note speakers who also provide individual coaching and feedback to each participant.
Through this participants will learn how to:
- Tailor content and style to the unique objectives and needs of various audiences
- Practice crafting powerful headline statements and calls to action
- Strengthen physical-presentation and vocal skills
- Learn three core presentation structures that aid retention and clarity
- Expand and deepen storytelling skills
- Develop strategies for dealing with objections and derailments in the moment
- Implement tips for managing nerves